Our take on the traditional Kentucky Derby day cocktail.
There are many different ways to make a mint julep. Here is our simple, classic, tried and true recipe. Enjoy.
P.S. Don’t only make mint juleps one day a year. They are delicious and refreshing anytime.
- Step 1 – Put mint and simple syrup into a julep cup.
- Step 2 – Using a muddler, gently mash the mint leaves to release the juices.
- Step 3 – Pour bourbon into the mint and simple syrup mexture.
- Step 4 – Add crushed ice gradually and stir. Optional: Once you reach the top of the cup, use additional crushed ice to form a small mound.
- Step 5 – Garnish with a sprig of mint and enjoy!